The success of World Without Genocide depends on our employees, interns, and volunteers. It is through the volunteer efforts of ordinary people that we are able to make a difference on so many issues affecting human rights on a local and a global scale.
We welcome your involvement as a volunteer. Currently, we are looking for volunteers to provide support for ongoing events, advocacy, and for the Tents of Witness exhibit. The exhibit is composed of ten tents; each one tells the story of a different group targeted for genocide. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Intern – Spring 2017
- 10-20 hours per week
- Unpaid; able to coordinate for college internship or course credit in relevant disciplines
- Provide assistance in events and programming
- Enter and maintain donor records
- Create and mail donor thank-you letters
- Monitor and coordinate office supplies and information
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A. (or currently pursuing) in any relevant field including history, political science, global studies or another related field
- Ability to work closely with diverse individuals and organizations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, flexibility, and positive work ethic
- Commitment to human rights
- Experience in office environment with basic administrative support skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Positive outlook, high energy, and attention to detail
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references as a single PDF document to email@example.com by February 20, 2017.